Traditional Irish Blessings
1. May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
the rain fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
2. May joy and peace surround you both,
Contentment latch your door,
And happiness be with you now,
And love be cherished evermore.
3. May the saints protect you each step of the way
And may the good Lord bless you on your wedding day.
(An Irish Wedding Prayer)
4. May strong arms hold you,
caring hearts tend you
and may love await you at every step.
5. Bricks and mortar make a house
but the laughter of children makes a home.
(An Irish Proverb)
6. May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
7. May you live to be 100 years, with one extra year to repent.
(An Irish Toast)
8. May you have love that never ends,
lots of money, and lots of friends.
Health be yours, whatever you do,
and may God send many blessing to you!
9. For each petal on the shamrock,
This brings a wish your way.
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.